Data4's Mini Journal for Single product testing

With respect to the changes in reporting policy, and with (hopefully!), the permission of our esteemed mods, I’m making this thread to chronicle the testing of individual products. I’m doing this in the main Men’s Forum for added visibility to the many nameless guests that float through, since the Men’s Journals section is members only.

In the time I’ve been a member here, I’ve focussed less on analytical reporting and more on anecdotal. I like spinning a good yarn and it does make for some entertaining reading, if I may slide humility aside for a second, but the conundrum it presents is how well does it advance the science of pheromones? I tend to use combos after (mostly unreported) testing to figure out what works well for me, but it leaves a lot of information out. Namely, how did I reach my sweet spots? What signs warned me that I was going too far? These are things that are helpful to the behind-the-scenes guys and gals formulating our juice, and I’ve been remiss in doing my part.

So, in this thread, I’ll be trying out and reporting on some of the MXes I have, along with other products that I haven’t given due attention to. This thread will stick to facts as I perceive them, while my regular journal will still be the home of strip club escapades, combo reporting, the occasional off-topic musing about life, and essentially everything it’s been thus far.

Since I’m going to bed now, I’ve nothing to report yet, but I plan on starting at work tomorrow (later today), and look forward to reporting on what I experience.

-D4

Excellent! Looking forward to reading it!

Adam

Go for it. Single product tests are often more informative than mixes (sry phero-pros :smiley:).

Good luck!

Sweet! I’d love to see a phero-pro testing out single products - Don’t have nearly enough experience to get any real useful information from peoples kitchen sink mixes in the Men’s Journal Section

First up, I decided to go a little easy and use something that I’m familiar with. The difference is that I’ve never used it by itself. It’s MX102. Previously, I’d used it with a combo I was already familiar with and was able to discern the effects over the expected effects of the combo. What I’d noticed before was a delayed reaction of a minimum of 3 hours, when my confidence just skyrocketed. I felt 10 feet all and bulletproof and all kinds of cocky. There is a chance that these effects were from a synergistic combination of the MX102 and whatever else I was wearing at the time, so I figured it’d be a good idea to test just the MX102.

I put on three sprays total-- 1 on either side of my neck and one shared on the wrists. I then covered with 2 sprays of Issey Miyake Intense over the neck app points and then a walkthrough spray to mist my shirt.

Before I get into what I noticed, first I’d like to briefly describe MX102. It was originally part of the MX102-105 A314 test pack. This pack consisted of the A314 mix, minus a pheromone or three in a sprayable alcohol base. Each number in the sequence had a slightly different mix than the others and they come in a to-go vial as with all MX products. MX102 is probably second to MX103 in popularity among all of this particular test pack. Tater has posted about it in his journal, which was what prompted me to first test it late last year.

Anyway, I left for work about 10 minutes after application, and stopped at my usual convenience store appx 20 minutes away to get a drink, pack of smokes, and two of the most unhealthy taquitos in the world. I’m a regular there, and all the afternoon cashiers know me, but today they had a different guy. He kept calling me “sir”, which isn’t unusual among service employees I encounter, but he seemed really eager to help me. He carded me for the smokes and was tripping over himself in apologies. I don’t mind showing ID, but past experience as a cashier myself has taught me that people seem to get really offended when you card them, as required by law. Maybe he’d dealt with an asshole some time before me, so tried to be as apologetic and empathetic as he could to stave off a barrage. Or it could have been the pheros. I sort of take a TAPS approach (any Ghost Hunters fans out there?) and try to debunk hits before I call them hits, so I’ll leave that up in the air.

When I got to work, things started off normally. Quick stand-up meeting, and then on to our job assignments. My usual interaction with my co-workers has always been lighthearted joking and bantering back and forth, but today I felt a bit withdrawn. I wasn’t down or maudlin, such as what Daedelus calls the Alan Alda effect he detected from IFM, just in my own little world. I cracked a few jokes here and there, and had normal break-time style conversations, but when I was actually working, I was in a focused zone where it was like the job at hand was the most important thing in the world. Sometimes, the jobs are, but this one was more busywork than anything serious.

I had some interaction with managers, and it was a vibe typical of A314. Strong eye contact, a sense of equality, and a reciprocal sense of respect. Other than that, I can’t really relate anything stand-out. I think I’ll finish the week using nothing but MX102 and cover and will post on anything worth sharing.

-D4

Day 2 of MX102 + Issey Miyake Intense cover.

Some of that cockiness from previous uses is starting to kick in, in the form of an extremely quick wit. Today I was exchanging one-liners with my team lead. She’d playfully insult me, and I’d get her back with on-the-spot, tack-sharp comebacks. It was almost like we were flirting with eachother, except for the fact that I regard her more as a “mom” figure.

Ran into Sarah on the way in and we talked briefly about work related stuff. I then mentioned something about using my car only for the work commute. She asked me what car I use to go to the store and run errands. When I told her that my ex usually handles store runs, she then got this sly look on her face and said “Oh, so you two are still living together, huh?” I told her “Yes, but strictly as roommates.” Considering I’ve got my eye on this girl, she doesn’t necessarily need to know that my ex and I masturbate with eachothers’ genitals. (Yeah, yeah, believe it or not, this was something she and I jokingly agreed to consider it as a rationalization of our being divorced and still getting it on :smiley:)

She then asked me if I had any more toenail incidents. Now, I don’t think I ever told you guys about that, but it was a story I was telling some guys I was working with when Sarah and I were on a special project together. Everyone was laughing their asses off, and Sarah insisted I tell her what was so funny. The short version was that in the process of transitioning from “going down on” to “going inside of” my ex, my left foot-- specifically, a rather sharp corner of my left big toenail-- got caught in a corner of the fitted sheet on the bed that had popped loose. When I twisted my foot in the process of maneuvering around, it somehow yanked and half-way pulled out the toenail. The live version, with all it’s supporting details is much funnier. :smiley: Anyway, Sarah was basically asking if my ex and I were still having sex, which I thought was kind of forward, but not offensive. :wink: I just said “What would be the point?”, smiled, and walked to where our meeting was about to begin.

Going along with the previously mentioned quick wit was some pretty noticeable clarity in expressing myself. Sometimes I’ll be thinking of what to say faster than I can articulate it, and I’ll trip over my words. Today (and part of yesterday), it was like I was flawlessly reading from a memorized script. We had a meeting with the manager of the building I work in, and at the end was a Q & A session. I asked several questions, including initial and follow-ups. Normally, I’d be a stuttering mess, but today was smooth as silk. I should note that this guy isn’t someone I’m around very often, so he doesn’t have any preconceived notions from my usual A314 based work mix.

It was a pretty good day, with lots of self effects and the interesting exchange with Sarah. My application was identical to yesterday’s. Tomorrow, I’m going to increase by one spray.

-D4

Day 3 of MX102 + Issey Miyake Intense cover.

I applied 1 spray to either side of my neck, 1 to the back, and one in a palmful of mousse distributed in my hair. Covered with two sprays of Issey to the neck and the walkthrough mist.

Nothing really to report. Self effects were similar as before, though my job today had me interacting with very few people. Didn’t talk to Sarah, though we exchanged waves from across a room.

I think I’m going to add something to it tomorrow for my final test before moving on to another single product next week. I haven’t decided which one it’ll be, but check this space in 24 hours for the report.

-D4

Don’t worry, we will :wink:

Final day of MX102 testing. Added 100 mcg of P79. Applied same amounts and locations of MX102 and Issey Miyake as yesterday, and sprayed the P79 over the two neck application points (50 mcg/spray).

Today sucked. Actually, work is sucking right now. There are things going on that I didn’t mention before because I figured it was irrelevant to pheromone testing, but after thinking about it, it really is. Attitude steers the pheromones, and when your attitude is shit, you can’t expect miracles from those little bottles. My cockiness and sense of humor is really a defense mechanism to combat a certain stress that’s been evident over the last month or so.

We’re facing a downsize, and I’m in the job classification that’s potentially on the chopping block. This includes all of my immediate co-workers, and we’re all on the verge of going nuts. There’s talk of relocating some of us to other areas within the company, but that would mean doubling my already 100 mile round trip commute. With the price of gas right now and my current rate of pay, that would cost me about 40% of my monthly bring-home average. No one knows when it’ll happen, so there’s this surreal feeling at work like we’re all on death row.

So basically, it was a bust. Sorry to disappoint. Hopefully next week will be better from a testing perspective. I might use pheros this weekend and if so, I’ll post whatever happens in my regular journal.

-D4

Sorry to disappoint? Disappoint who? You are just reporting so you will not disappoint anyone (I guess). Great job data.

New week. Day 1 – Instant Gentleman, plus standard cover.

Dosage:

1 spray to either side of my neck, 1 spray to my chest. Total: 3
1 spray of Issey Miyake Intense over each neck app point. Total: 2

The mood at work is basically the same, but in order to keep from going insane, I intend to work every day just like every day before. I’m a good worker and I know my shit. There are others who aren’t and don’t, and while it’s unfortunate that some may be losing their jobs, I stand a better chance at sticking around, so to hell with worrying.

The self effects of Instant Gentleman on me can be summed up in one word: Calm. This is a good thing, all things considered. I found myself being careful and deliberate in the things I did, with quite a bit of self-assurance. It wasn’t the cockiness of MX102 that I experienced last week. It was more a sense of “I know what I’m doing, therefore, I’ll do it just fine. Trust me.”

Similarly, I was treated with that same sense of assurance from others. While I’ve been doing basically the same job each day for the last few weeks, there was one little mini-project that I was assigned to for the first couple hours of the shift. It involved a sensitive test article that had to be handled with baby gloves, and my team leader told me “I’m going to give this one to you, because I know you won’t fuck it up.” (direct quote).

IG is often compared to A314, but that’s not really fair. There’s a lot going on with A314 that when combined, presents a distinctive image. IG is a little more flexible, and gives you a bit more freedom to steer it with attitude. I should note that ALL pheromones can be steered with your attitude, but issues of congruency seem to make the steering space with A314 by itself a little more narrow. That’s why certain products like Instant Shine, Instant Honesty, Instant Openness, etc. are recommended to augment it in certain directions. IG is a little more flexible in that it’s primarily one pheromone that dominates the mix-- Androsterone.

The common effects of IG as relayed to those who ask about it seem to be that it gives an air of maturity, particularly to younger wearers (25 and under). As I’m 35, and am pretty mature when I’m not sitting at home in nothing but my tighty-whiteys posting about mutilating my oral orifice with fast food on a pheromone discussion forum, the effect is more of a laid back easygoing, and approachable vibe.

A lot of this is my own personality, which may have been sculpted by my pheromone use. I like helping my co-workers when I’m sought out for it. I like assuming a bit of authority when it seems we’re descending into chaos (reference that post in my journal where I basically took charge of the group and told them they were acting like a bunch of kids), so my image may naturally be that of a A314/IG hybrid. I’ll be testing IG all week, so we’ll see how it goes.

-D4

Day 2 – Instant Gentleman, plus standard cover.

Same as yesterday, basically. I’m finding work isn’t the best place to test out pheromones, or at least test them in such a way that would make the report useful. It’s hard to not be the person everyone I work with knows already. What I mean is, given the paradigm of the workplace and the fact that it’s not as dynamic as, for instance, a club or party setting, it’s not like there will be any sort of stand-out reaction unlike anything I’ve experienced before. Hell, I’e even worn 3 drops of undiluted Dirty, covered with 2 sprays of 2X Turn Up The Heat just to try to force a reaction. The only reason you guys never heard about it is because NOTHING happened. Not even a “Fuck, man, you smell like shit!” from the guys.

Ah well. I’m still going to keep this up. Something interesting is bound to happen.

-D4

Good report. Instant Gentleman and Instant Honesty are probably my favorite Androtics products.

Day 3 will be delayed until tomorrow. See my real journal for details.

-D4