I finally received my MX335 from the friend who had received it by post… It got misplaced in his luggage and we couldn’t locate it until this weekend. So here it is… finally.
Last night, I gave in to the urge of spraying myself with it and gave myself a squirt on the wrist.
Smell: I love, love, LOVE MX335. The grapefruit is lovely in this combo but I agree, it probably doesn’t diffuse as well as chocolatini. There was something about it that made me think of MX106 in the scent.
Self-effect: I felt giddy and delighted and couldn’t stop chatting on the phone, literally til I fell asleep. If I had gone out, I would have been a champagne bubble of a girl!
I would totally get a full bottle of this for my daily mix, as it’s a lighter scent than chocolatini. This definitely needs more testing, as I want to see how people react to this, as opposed to MX135.
From the reactions I’ve seen, I think the grapefruit is almost as diffusive as the chocolatini. I’ve gotten really good hits off of 335, most notably from a sourpuss barista at a coffee/bagel shop I go to pretty frequently. She never smiles or treats people as anything other than a minor annoyance to deal with, but the day I wore 335 in her shop, she was all smiles with me, complimented me on what I was wearing as well as the grapefruit scent. I told her I wasn’t sure about the scent, that I thought it might be too strong (true, I don’t like the grapefruit at all. I think it’s too strong and smells like feet), but she said “oh no, it’s just the right strength, and it’s lovely” with a smile and twinkly eyes.
That being said, I definitely think MX135 is better. The hits are more dramatic, the effects are long lasting, and I can handle the smell without the urge to check my underarms or my shoes.