For those who don’t know, virgin drinks are pretty much just drinks without the alcohol…I am allergic to alcohol, so I will be forced to drink these from now on at the bars and clubs. Since they omit alcohol, are these fairly cheap, and do almost all establishments serve these? Thanks
Of course they do
They have all the mixers al ready don’t they…
Most bars have a shorter section in the drinks menu with alcohol free drinks…mainly girly cocktail once though mind you ![]()
I mean, at a club, just order a coke… after all, what’s left from a whiskey and coke when you take out the whiskey?
Just make sure you’re not standing next to the hot girl when you order it… order it, then move over next to her. ![]()
Make sure you ask for your drinks in a short glass… up here when you order a drink without alchohol they tend to put them in tall glasses letting all know that you aren’t drinking.
When I’m out at a bar, I’ll often order a “vodka tonic tall squeeze”. Later in the evening I just or “tonic tall squeeze”, looks just like the original, except no alcohol. ![]()
Yeah I’m not a drinker myself, so when I’m at a bar I’ll usually ask the bartender for a cranberry juice mixed with club soda, and I usually ask for them to throw a lime in there. It actually looks like a vodka and cranberry or some other kind of mixed drink…
Although I’ve gotta say Wrlprchnx had a great idea about asking for it in a short glass, that seems like a really nice touch.
And by the way asking for lemon or a lime in your drink is key in making it look like your drinking when your not, I’m not sure why but most bars I’ve been to only seem to add them to beverages with alcohol. That is unless you specifically request for one.
Like Xiphoid said, Mixers. Most of the places downtown even have a water cooler to drink out of.
This is not a dig on anybody, but as you mature you will care not one iota what other people think about what you’re drinking. If anybody looks down on me because I am not drinking alcohol is not worth the time of day, nor my respect.
My thoughts exactly! As ever, Steve nailed it
Revivia, being able to go to a bar and have a good time without getting drunk is far more impressive than fallling over and being a pain in the ass.
Plus, if you’re the only sober guy left at the end of the night and there’s 3 or 4 girls who need a lift…![]()
well said diamond…you are always full of good words and encouragement…thanks to all the comments from everyone, and to you Steve for today. ![]()
Dude I completely agree with what your saying, and believe me if I lived my life giving a crap what other thought about me I would be a very different person.
But I can personally recall on countless occasions people getting highly annoyed and sometimes to the point of outright angered at the thought of one person in the group not drinking. Hell there was even an incident where my friends intoxicated girlfriend attempted to physically pour an irish car bomb (yuck!) down my throat because I “had to get drunk, because it was my birthday.”
Anyway the point I’m trying to make is that sometimes it’s just easier to enjoy the evening, and avoid confilict if everyone makes an incorrect assumption about what your drinking.
Everyone goes through that shit atleast once, I remember getting drunk as hell, I couldn’t tell the difference between a man and woman, jesus lol. It happens, pressure from buddies, Meh, so not worth it. But I’ve learned to live for myself.
I don’t see what’s wrong with virgin drinks to be honest though. I think the name sounds funny “virgin” drinks, maybe that’s why it’s making you feel a bit awkward?
A girls perspective:
If I saw a dude playin’ it safe with non-alcoholic beverages, I wouldn’t care! It wouldn’t make a difference to me shruggs…plus, he would smell much better (people smell bad when they drink alot…I hope I didn’t offend anyone…)
If the girls in the club/bar around you aren’t interested in you…just because you don’t drink…I don’t know what to say, other than, “wow, that’s just pathetic of them”
I agree with Steve, do what you’re comfortable with.
Thanks for the helpful advice Selva…very good remark there. ![]()
Thats all FRAME control. ![]()
I like virgin martinis. You can buy them by the jar at Safeway.
Some places serve free Cokes / soda to the DD of the group if you identify yourself as such. There was one club I used to go to in Atlanta that gave you a button to wear. Being the DD usually means you’re immune to ridicule if that’s what you worry about. Plus you get to save money, if the place has that service. Don’t forget to tip, though.
-D4