Hey all! My story, your recommendations?

Hello everyone!

Stumbled over this forum one day while browsing for some grooming products, and was pretty impressed by the buzz! I really wanted to make a purchase on the spot but me being in the UK, the delivery did add up quite a bit so I held off. I think this promotion did the trick so here I am! :slight_smile: gonna make a purchase after this!

A little about myself: I’m a 22m, and am an international student at university. I’m aware that I am usually more reserved around people I’ve just met, and I’ve managed to correct that in the past year by reminding myself to loosen up. Unfortunately, in my first year at college they put me in a dorm with other international students who were pretty introverted so I didn’t have many opportunities to enlarge my social circle.

I feel ‘invisible’ at school sometimes, and it does upset me. I’ve got my close group of friends but I want to break beyond that. I’ve a few classmates from the year before and while I’m thankful that they acknowledge my presence, our conversations never go beyond class, nor do we socialise beyond that. A year into school, cliques are harder to get into..

I want to change that: I’d like to meet new people, guys AND girls. I don’t wish to be ‘just another international student’. I’m not quite sure whether it’s a ‘low-value’ or ‘high-value’ intimidating vibe I’m giving, but I’d like to change that. I’d genuinely like to make more friends, and after a year, I know that despite coming from Southeast Asia, I hold almost identical values as my peers here. There really shouldn’t be a reason for this divide. Besides.. there’s always THAT girl in school :stuck_out_tongue:

I was at an interview recently, but was not offered the opening. I know competition was tough, especially with the recession this year, but not being at the forefront of competition did get to me.

I’d like to break out of my stereotype, and be seen as an attractive guy, have people pull me into their circles. I realise this can be important for my career as well. I’m pretty easy-going (and some say a little wacky :smiley:) in my own group of friends, so I’m looking to bring that out. I’ve also got quite a few female friends I want to break out of the ‘friend-zone’ with as well.

I’m thinking of start out with:

  1. A314, to use on a daily basis and for interviews!
  2. Instant Openess for approachability

Does anyone have any recommendations? I’m thinking these 2 might be lacking the sauve/charm/lust? factor…

Been really long since I’ve joined a forum, and I’m genuinely excited about trying things out. Hope to hear from you guys!

Thanks!

Hi dodge, welcome to the forums.

I think A314 will be great to use in interviews. It’s ‘work safe’ and people here report great results with it.

For the charm and approachability, the social products such as Instant Shine, Instant Openness, Instant Gentleman are all very good. I suggest you have a good read of The Mens Guideand let us know if you have any additional questions.

The lovelly Tisha should be online again soon, and she will give you the $25 gift certificate :slight_smile:

Hi and welcome!!

For general everyday use, which will give you confidence and a bit of a sexy vibe, Ammo is great! And yes, Instant Openness is another good one, perfect to get conversations going and flowing. I also recommend Instant Sgine, which will give you a positive glow that will make people want to be around you, and also make you feel good too.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Very informative hello post - thank you for the info.

A314 is a great product but I would not use it for daily wear at school. It will give you a very alpha leader kinda vibe but at the same time several factors overlap. First you will have to BE or at least act like an alpha leader. If that is not you people - esp. classmates - will ignore the signature and treat you as they do normally.

Second, a lot of younger people are a little “put off” by a heavy A314 vibe - it is like Dad’s vibe - not one of their peers. Now the ladies in your age bracket are starting to outgrow it - but they have caught on and are looking for Mr. Alpha Male and all that implies - personally, socially and professionally (think aggressive, competitive, big $$). Again if that is not you they will sort it out quickly.

Finally when A314 really works - it can often create what I call respect distance. People will give you a lot of room out of respect unless you let them know you are open to contaqct, conversation, etc. So if you are trying to pull people in, again this may not be the best product for you.

Now it certainly can help with interviews - but I prefer to combine A314 with Instant Honesty for work purposes. IH helps create feeling s of connection and as a result people often tell you what is on their mind or what they think is important. This would be a great interview or work combo.

I would think that the best daily product - and anthoer one I really like - is Instant Gentleman. It will give you a cool, smooth vibe and as a result can make you seem a little older than you really are. I think this might really best suit your day to day needs in school. Check out the thread in my signature block that compares IG and A314.

The IO idea is good as it will help you with those intial conversations. Again, you may well have to initiate, but once you get a conversation started it is often hard to shut it off.

Good luck and let us know how things go.

A314 is a great product, if you like it, you will never want to go without it.

Hey guys thanks for the really rapid replies! Certainly glad I made the choice to take the plunge.. Was puzzled when it took a while for my post to show, but I guess the forum was just busy :slight_smile:

I’ve decided to condense that story into 3 main scenarios I’ll want to work on.

#1: Break the ice, getting pulled into social circles, on a daily basis. This would usually be at school. Seen as desirable to have around. A ‘daytime’ use, to generalise. But it need not be strictly work-safe cause well.. it’s still college!

#2: When the time comes, scoring that interview. I’d imagine the same thing would be useful at ‘work’ related scenarios. I’m running a student society and it can be tricky getting that balance between asserting authority and using the ‘soft’ approach.

#3: Ladies. Having girls put me beyond ‘friend’ zone to consider something further. Of course, who wouldn’t like to be approached? :smiley:
2 sub-scenarios here (feel free to change the way I see this):
a) clubs/parties
b) otherwise

Small disclaimer before I go on: Yes I know there’s no product or mixture that will work wonders. A lot depends on the individual as well. I’m listing the scenarios to make choosing products a little easier, given the range here! If it helps, I’m usually reserved with new people, but can be the life of the party if it consists mostly of people I know..

AlexanderG: Thanks for the links!

Sillykitty: Wondering if Ammo might be appropriate for daily wear..? Wouldn’t mind having girls jump on me daily :wink: but was wondering if that might be at the expense of the ‘respect’ element.

bosshank: Wow I read your article and it’s quite convinced me to consider Instant Gentlemen for daily use and as a ‘base’. I think you’re right, A314 might not be the most helpful in #1. Will try your suggestions for #2. One question though: you mentioned that Instant Gentlemen does make me appear to be older than I am. Well, I AM older than most of my peers here, although I’m not sure if I look the bit. In any case, think this will be a major concern if I seem like I’m out of the same age group?

My proposed plan now is this: Probably start with IG, A314 and 1 other (suggestions?)

#1: Instant Gentleman (daily basis)
#2: Instant Gentleman + A314
#3: Instant Gentleman + Ammo / Turn Up The Heat?
Alternative from bosshank: A314 + Ammo

Now I’m sure my wallet ain’t gonna be too happy.. :o

The flip side on the age thing is that if you are a lot older than others around you the cool factor seems to make you appear younger. But in your case you will just seem like the cool slightly older worldly guy. That draws in a lot of college age girls. Quiet but confident is OK.

Ammo can be worn daily - even to class - it is balanced enough for general use - and considering you probably are going to be in the 1-2 spray range, the cologne scent should not be too strong.

IG, A314 and Ammo would be a good mix. I would leave the TUTH for later. After these three I would look to IH and IShine next.

Hello Welcome to Pherotalk :slight_smile:

Not a bad plan but you are way to heavy on the masuline products. Women are emotion driven. Sure you can get us hot with the vibe the products above and evoke some interest but we need to feel comfort and a connected vibe as well to act on it.

I suggest you get at least one “social” they do more then mae people talk they give feelings of connection comfort affection and upliftment.

I suggest IH for a good rapport and feeling of connection and comfort.

Your GC is on its way

Have fun

Tisha

Absolutely!! Ammo is perfect for daily wear, it is a great stand-alone product. And for a little added “respect”, without being overly alpha, Instant Gentleman would be perfect.

Thanks guys!

I was having a hard time choosing between Instant Gentleman and Ammo because I think I come across as dependable to my friends… so I wanted something more playful/suggestive. Took up Tish’s suggestion and here’s what I ended ordering:

Instant Gentleman (regular)
A314 (regular)
Instant Honesty (regular)
Ammo (togo)

Will have to survive on bread and water for the next month or so but can’t wait for this stuff to arrive!

That sounds like a fabulous order!! I can’t wait to read about your adventures, should you choose to share them :slight_smile:

That is a great order. Lots of flexibility. You will be happy.

Order arrived! Fantastic service.. DHL tracking was a breeze as well. Delayed heading out this morning when I saw the package transiting local DHL, not regretting it!

It’s finals week and libraries are cramped full of people. Don’t think I’ve been more excited about going to the library!

Will write as and when schedule allows, would appreciate feedback! Gonna start with 1 x IG and head out! :slight_smile:

Further kudos to Androtics. I asked for a sample of Instant Shine if possible, and they just threw in a whole togo-sized bottle free of charge!

:slight_smile: