Natural Pheromone Production and Coconut Oil

Hi All,

I cleanse my face with something called the oil cleansing method. Using only a mixture of coconut oil and castor oil along with warm water to cleanse my face. Really great for the face… and this got me thinking; Coconut oil has anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties. What would happen if I used only coconut oil and warm water to cleanse my under arms? Would I be able to rid my underarms of bacteria while protecting my natural pheromone production?

Today is day one of this seven day experiment. The plan is to cleanse with the coconut oil and rinse with water. I’ll still be using deoderant during this experiment. I’ll be sure to report back so that anyone who is interested may share in the results.

As for today, end of day one, I smell great, if a tiny bit musky… but not at all unpleasant. I’m warning you, in advance, that this experiment will quickly come to an end if, at any time, my boyfriend looks at me and says, “What is that smell?”. :smiley:

** I’ll be using a liquid mineral spray as my deoderant for this time.

I use water to clean my underarms. No soap.

It seems to work for me.

Wow, I hadn’t imagined you could do that. Do you use soap on sensitive parts, GWTW?

Mostly I just wash with water everywhere.

If I’m trying to get pheromones out of my hair or off my body I’ll use a bit of shampoo on my head and chest. If my face seems oily I use a bit on my face also.

I shave with soap every day, but rinse my face afterwards with a mixture of witch hazel and apple cider vinegar.

That’s incredible! Thanks for sharing.

I remember, years ago, hearing about this expensive system that could be installed into your pipes to change the ionic charge of the water so that you could clean your body without soap. And to think, those people that purchased it could have simply washed their bodies with water all along.

I use coconut oil also as a moisturizer for my face and body, and I’ve read about people using it as a deoderant and cleanser and such with great results. Seeing as how it (from what I’ve read) gets rid of the harmful bacteria and whatnot and leaves the good stuff behind, that should also include your natural pheromones I’d imagine. Can’t wait to hear about your results!

I do the same, following a suggestion some time ago by MHarris…

I don’t use soap either! Tell us what’s up with your experiment, sheba!

It’s also popular in this other forum I always frequent too.

By the way, the website earthclinic dot com seems to give really good reviews of coconut oil! I might want to buy it!

Lizzie, make sure you get Virgin Coconut Oil. Its the healthiest oil on earth. I have been using it for more than 5 years. I have been using it on food, as a body lotion, hair oil. Four table spoons consumed with food daily can help one loose body fat. A good fat burner.

Sheba I used to apply it under the arm pits as a deodorant, doesnt stop you from sweating, but neutralizes the bad bacteria which makes the odor. One more application is using the VCO for the Oil Swishing Therapy. If any one is interested to know more about that you can pm me. :slight_smile:

Great advice, Kusro! I agree, wholeheartedly. I use coconut oil to cook everything and my bf and I never get sick. I can’t stand the virgin coconut oil in food, so I use expeller pressed by tropical traditions. They claim to still have many of the benefits of virgin because they extract the oil in a mechanical way instead of chemical. The oil is then steam deoderized. I really love it and doubt I’ll ever use any other oil as a cooking oil on a regular basis. I’ve lost weight, my limbs are no longer cold all the time, I never get so much as a sniffle and I find that my body doesn’t really smell in any way. Feet, breath, etc. This is really cool considering my feet used to be a point of embarrassment for me.

I use virgin coconut oil for my skin and hair, however.

I’d heard you could do that! I tried it once and then followed it up with a spray of IS/a to each armpit. I gave up midway through the day, though, because I was sweating so badly. No odor, of course. But the wetness came through my clothing and that was the end of that. lol But I used the mineral spray today and there is, not only no odor, there is very little sweating either. Both times were cool enough days spent mostly in the heated indoors. Not sure why coconut oil caused me to sweat so! I liked the spray so much I ran out and got the crystal, as well! I like the price of the crystal but I like the spray for my woman parts. :roll_eyes:

I am a admitted Bath Diva. No soap, I just cant do it. I love bubbles and scrubs and jelly baths and …

Yes My name is Tisha and I am a Bath product Junkie. :stuck_out_tongue:

I will have to just keep buying my mones from Jasmin LOL

That is such a great addiction though, Tisha!! Pheros and smell goods.. that’s one heck of a combo. Who doesn’t just love someone who smells good??

Coconut oil cleansing Day Two:

This morning I covered my underarms with virgin coconut oil using a paper towel. I then used a clean paper towel to remove the oil. The paper towel used for removal came away with a slightly tinted brown residue. I applied more coconut oil and removed again using new towels. No residue the second time. Sniffed the under arm; had a faint coconut scent. I decided not to rinse as previously planned. I figured I’d rather make use of the anti bacterial properties of the coconut oil. I sprayed my underarms with the mineral salt natural deodorant spray (4 sprays to each arm pit) and raised my arms over head til dried.

End of day two smell:

I smell amazing! There’s no longer the faint coconut scent or any scent at all, really. I say “really” because there’s something… but it’s just a light yummy scent. Kinda like the scent of the bubble wrap that came wrapped around my TAH today.

I mentioned to my boyfriend tonight that I was experimenting with a new natural deodorant and asked him to let me know if he smells anything askew. He said he would. Although this was after his major TAH reaction. It seemed to me he used the request to find reasons to keep smelling me. At one point he started sniffing and nibbling just beneath my ear and made a kiss/nibble trail all the way down to my arm pit where he lingered for some time. I’d say the coconut oil/mineral salts combo is working just fine and dandy to keep body odor at bay. :wink:

This brings me to another thought. I modified my TAH post to include that this natural cleansing may be retaining more of my natural pheros. And my natural pheros may be boosting the effects of my TAH mix that I used today. For this reason, I’ll be going bare tomorrow to see if I notice any phero-like reaction from my bf tomorrow.

All opinions and suggestions are appreciated in my coconut oil cleansing experiment.

Nice report sheba!I will keep reading your coconut oil cleansing experiment. My first purchase of VCO was from tropical traditions as well.

Thanks Kusro! And thanks and hugs for you, Tisha!

Today is day three of my coconut oil cleansing experiment. Cleansing method was the same as day two. Instead of the mineral spray I used the solid crystal that comes like a deodorant stick. The small amount of coconut oil left behind helped the crystal to glide easily when wet. I went phero free and got dressed.

First the faint coconut smell, just like yesterday. Followed by the yummy slightly musky scent that I mentioned yesterday evening. When my bf got home he pressed his nose right into both underarms taking deep inhales (checking for b.o.) and said that he smelt “something” but couldn’t put his finger on it. I asked him if the smell was “unpleasant” and he said no. I asked him he thought my “natural deodorant” was working and he said yes. I wonder if this slight scent is my natural pheros? It sort of smells like pheros without a cover scent. Not all that strong… rather mild and, to me, quite pleasant.

Kusro, you mentioned before that you can put your nose in your wife’s arm pit and smell nothing but natural pheros when using the natural mineral spray deodorant. Could you describe the “natural pheros” scent? That would be a great help, if you will. Thanks, buddy.

Later in the evening my bf was feeling frisky and I added a spray of vanilla ice cream body splash to each arm pit before naturally turning up the heat. I felt the smell resembled many of my phero mixes with a slightly musky scent blending almost seemlessly with the vanilla fragrance.

For those of you that are interested in the natural deodorant, it does not stop sweating… only keeps the sweat from smelling foul. I picked up a tip elsewhere on the internet that if you let the product dry and then dab the under arm with cornstarch or talc powder, the sweat will be controlled.

More updates to come!

I also use coconut oil! :slight_smile: Certified organic, virgin coconut oil, cold pressed and unrefined. I use it primarily for cooking. However, it’s in a number of topical products I also use.
For dietary purposes, I’d say, organic and unrefined is best. The less processed the oil the more nutrients it maintains.
Just to clarify the difference between ‘extra virgin’ and ‘virgin’ oils …
the ‘extra’ means it’s literally the ‘first’ pressing.
Expeller is, of course, the method by which it’s extracted…mechanically ‘cold’ pressed…who the hell wants to knowingly consume oils that have been heat extracted with petroleum products! :open_mouth:

I think I can answer this question for you. Yes, it is your ‘natural’ pheromones! It’s your ‘real’ smell!.. without the bacterial overgrowth…and the scent is wonderfully light, warm, musky and extremely sensuous. Wolf loooves this smell, says it smells like ‘me’…lol :smiley:

Natural ‘lady’ musk goes very nicely with vanilla scents.
This sounds very familiar to me, sheba…lol. I often use a sugared vanilla bean perfume oil with PheroGirl which has a honeyed, light, lovely musky scent.

I also use cornstarch and it does work to an extent to control wetness. I stay away from talc, as it’s dangerous, especially when inhaled.

Well, sheba darlin’, that’s my nickle! Thanks for your great report!

Reps to you!

Bella :wink:

Kusro, you mentioned before that you can put your nose in your wife’s arm pit and smell nothing but natural pheros when using the natural mineral spray deodorant. Could you describe the “natural pheros” scent? That would be a great help, if you will. Thanks, buddy.

Sheba, I can’t describe it any better than the description given by bella, its exactly how she described it. I can put my nose there until I fall asleep thats how nice it is :stuck_out_tongue:

I also use coconut oil! :slight_smile: Certified organic, virgin coconut oil, cold pressed and unrefined. I use it primarily for cooking. However, it’s in a number of topical products I also use.
For dietary purposes, I’d say, organic and unrefined is best. The less processed the oil the more nutrients it maintains.
Just to clarify the difference between ‘extra virgin’ and ‘virgin’ oils …
the ‘extra’ means it’s literally the ‘first’ pressing.

bella, in actual fact in VCO there is no such thing as extra virgin as the term is mainly used in olive oil. Nobody ever puts any fertilizer, organic or otherwise in coconut trees, they just grow. If the oil was cold extracted by expeller, or using the fermentation method or centrifugal method, then all of them are virgin oils. :slight_smile:

Reps to sheba for a nice report!

Thank you, Kusro and Bella! Your input is greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

[quote]
bella, in actual fact in VCO there is no such thing as extra virgin as the term is mainly used in olive oil. Nobody ever puts any fertilizer, organic or otherwise in coconut trees, they just grow. If the oil was cold extracted by expeller, or using the fermentation method or centrifugal method, then all of them are virgin oils. :slight_smile:

[quote]

Kurso, when I stated the difference between ‘extra virgin’ and ‘virgin’, I was simply defining the terms for grading oil in general. Though the terms "extra virgin’ and ‘virgin’ refer in particular to the olive oil industry, expeller or cold pressed is also widely used to define the quality of other oils as well. We are discussing VCO so, naturally, you thought I was refering to that. Sorry, I should have been more clear about what I was refering to. :confused:

I specifically stated ‘certified organic, cold pressed and unrefined’ coconut oil for consumption, to deferentiate this process which uses ‘non copra’ (fresh coconut meat) and therefore retains nutients and live enzymes…from the ‘refined, bleaching and deodorizing’ process applied to the unsanitary ‘standard copra’ (dried coconut meat) which destroys nutrients and, I believe, is unsuitable for ingestion.

As there is no standard in the coconut oil industry, as there is in the olive oil industry, I was attempting, in my feeble way, to explain the difference in how the products are processed.

Here’s the link to your favorite coconut oil, it explains the processing differences better than I ever could.

What is Virgin Coconut Oil?

Sorry if I confused anyone. I’ll be back after I complete “How To Clearly Explain Things To People Without Confusing Them 101”. :roll_eyes:

Bella

According to an article written by Brian Shilhavy about Coconut Oil, “The Healthiest Oil on Earth” refined and deodorized coconut oil do maintain the beneficial chemical structures of the medium chain fatty acids, however they also contain any chemicals used in processing.

I’ve chosen to use Tropical Traditions steam deodorized expeller pressed coconut oil because the benefits are retained. They do not use any chemicals in processing so there is only a bland mild-tasting oil with no coconut taste. I’m happy that I’ve been able to receive benefits using this steam deodorized oil. I was unable to stomache the slight coconut scent/taste mixed in my every day foods. When making curry chicken, however, there is no other substitute than the virgin coconut oil. yum yum yum