Revelation, New and Improved Me v2

So I have had an epiphany relating to the last 6 years of my life and how my attitude and the people around me works together… I’m posting this in the hope that it may help others to realize things about themselves as well.

High school was far from the best time of my life, in fact, most of the time I flat out hated it. Most of my “friends”, if you could call them that, up and disappeared the second they graduated, and in the meantime, were prone to dropping me for their other friends when they got a chance. The closest thing I had to real friends were the theatre group, and for those of you who know thespians, good ones, they make friends real easy and have not a care in the world. I never fit in with the jocks, even though I worked out with them. I never fit in with the cool crowd, and didn’t really want to. I didn’t fit in with the band kids, because I didn’t have enough sex. Granted, I do place part of the blame on my parents for sheltering me so damned much, but I dont fault them for my own attitude (at least not anymore). I did fit in with one group, the faculty. I was a teachers assistant for most of my classes, got good references from every faculty member I knew, got special opportunities and concessions like class overrides and exceptions, and fit in very well in the office, just not for the typical reasons. I was a true beta, running errands, solving problems, and overall just pleasing people. All the adults I knew said that I was more mature than my age and everyone around me. A lot of good it did me… Most of the other students I knew thought that I was quiet and not worth including or even just plain invisible. GOD I wish I had IJ 6 years ago… That would have been AWESOME. But instead I spent most of my Junior and Senior on Eve Online pretending to be someone I wasn’t, and doing a pretty good job of it.

I resigned myself to watching others and saying that as soon as I moved away I would shape myself to how I wanted to look to others. Popular, cool, athletic, the whole package. It was all the same. Even though I knew what I wanted, I just didn’t feel that way, so it was a conscious and sometimes tiring effort to make myself into something I wasn’t. Then I joined AROTC (army reserve officer training corps). The professors are active duty army officers, the trainers are staff sergeants, and a quarter of the cadets are enlisted already. That was a huge culture shock! Being pushed, not pushed around, to be strong, athletic, disciplined, and just… RRAAAARRRRHHHHHGGGHH!! I have had more opportunities in the past two years than in my entire friggin life, TO INCLUDE a paid trip to go skydiving! By this time, my conscious effort had become a subconscious one and I surpassed my target to the point that I am now so alpha that I am unapproachable. I try my best not to act like the jerks in high school, but with my army buddies and even rarely on my own I can just get so carried away by my own old insecurity that I have become the very thing that I never wanted to be. I also realize now why people have told me that I confuse or surprise them: my body probably produces beta signal pheromones while my attitude is high speed alpha. There have only been a handful of acquaintances who haven’t told me that their first impressions were off.

I now see where I was, where I want to be, and where I am. I have taken myself completely 360° from where I was and now I need to go back a little. The beta that my body gives off naturally makes me invisible or unimportant to other people whereas my attitude comes on far too strong so this is a physiological and psychological clash. No wonder I have issues with personal relationships.

I realize that this thread isn’t really about androtics, but it is important to keep in mind that mones will not change your attitude outright. You need to make a conscious effort to back up what you are wearing with how you act otherwise you aren’t going very far without these products (or with). I realize that pheromones alter our mindset and how we act, but if that is nothing more than a facade, it could blow up in your face some day. I know now that I have a goal with these products to change the way I act while seeing what they do to others. My experience is now as much a self experiment as much as a public experiment. I realize now that I was disadvantaged from the start. I didn’t even have to talk to the “cool kids” for them to know that I had a beta personality, and when I did, they just beat me down anyways. I think something that is unknown as public knowledge is that your body may be labeling you as the weakling before the other kids even have the chance to beat you down. Am I saying that we should use pheromones on kids? No, not yet anyways. But this development is when kids are trying to find out who they are, so if they are constantly told they are unpopular and worthless, what’s that going to do to them? It took me to remove myself from the situation and get mad about it before I could start looking for solutions. Most kids just go into depression… (man that was random)

This forum is great, I’ll say that. There is nothing like other people’s experiences to make you realize things about yourself. Now I just need to get on with life! I have 3 more years of college to figure out how to balance my alpha and beta. I really want to try out some instant jerk around the rotc functions now. Maybe some high dose none even…

I hope this all made some sense. The clearheaded brainrush is wearing off…

Pretty profound stuff great to hear about your expereinces I’m new to pheromones but that made a tone of sense.thanks

Great to hear your story hillke! Have you started a journal yet?

Yeah I have, I’m running through testing pretty scientifically so it’s pretty droll for the moment…

I can’t say much about IJ…damn thing never stays in stock long enough for me to try it out. You have some good products that can project Alpha in a serious hardcore way. Try to bear in mind that going out of your way to physically dominate somebody smaller or more timid than yourself isn’t alpha behavior, it’s very much a beta characteristic. It may not seem like it to the kid getting picked on either verbally or physically but usually it’s approval seeking on the part of the aggressor (see I kicked his ass, he’s weak so I must be strong so look upon me and admire). Or, the aggressor that some deeper issues…perhaps a lack of control in his life that he compensates for by exerting control over others.

In any case a super high none signature says physical dominance…and little else. Rone on the other hand says social dominance…and THAT is where the real Alpha’s dwell. If you doubt that, aside from Arnohld the Govenator, how many national and world leaders have 20 inch guns or massive pecs? Armies of a half a million men leave home to fight at the word of the President, THAT’s real power and he doesn’t try to physically impose his will on any of them.
A314 is plenty Alpha, a little Ammo or MX301 and a little Shine makes for a sexier, more social Alpha but still Alpha.

You’re in an awesome position, you’re in the military, you’re getting great discipline both mental and physical. Consider focusing on leadership qualities, learn how to motivate and inspire the guys around you so they realize you’re concerned about their interest, and are looking out for them…they’ll want to follow your lead.

A weapon is only as good as the user who wields it.

lol was that the right analogy?

Anyways, pheromones is really only there to give you that nudge, or that extra push to be your actual self. For the most part, a lot of people are really great to be with/ be friends with. However due to social constraints, shyness, fear of rejection, don’t really end up showing half of how awesome you truly are.

It is confidence that will bring about change and acting upon it will bring about better lifestyle. People shouldnt think “Pheromones will get me girls/guys” It just helps you gain enough personal boost to act out what you should’ve done years ago.

Be proud of yourself and confident at who you are. Phermns will help, by giving you opportunities. But if you dont take it… you wont go nowhere.

Its also important to note whether or not the person is holding the power/authority/dominance, or in fact if it is just the position that holds that power. Being a supervisor means that the position is giving the person the power. The person is not giving the position power but only strengthens it as they carry out that role. You obviously need certain traits and characteristics to be a successful and inspiring leader.

So with that said you can be a leader within social situations like radman said and thats who the true leaders are, not the ones belittling people for their own fulfillments, its the ones that are able to be looked up to, and the friends who follow him and value his opinion and next move. This power is based within the person and is granted to that person by ones peers, acquaintances and strangers who depict this person as holding that power and prestige.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I do my best not to chastise folks but that is, in reality, one of the… social aspects? of being in rotc. I also get the consequence that puts off as well. Where it’s almost a game amongst my class and within all the other classes, if you don’t have that context it can seem like you’re just an asshole. That’s one of the things I’m working on because it really is the younger cadets we are supposed to be focusing on instead of our own grouping, another part of that realization yesterday.

I realize that mones aren’t the answer to everything, but it does help set you up for what you are trying for, those pre-first impression vibes. A good dominance mix + a good dominance attitude really would throw a lot of folks for a loop at the unit, mostly the assholes who try to be assholes. I realize the difference between rone and none, but in rotc, the dominance is physical and intellectual, not social. During training exercises, I am curious to see what effect I could project with this edge.

I just extended my scholarship contract by a year so I have a real opportunity to shift the program a bit in ways of attitudes and leadership roles and I actually have the support of the cadre. Thing is, that puts me back a yeargroup, to I will, in essence, still be a sophomore or MS2. I think I have a real good chance of showing off some leadership dominance as I have the knowledge of an MS3 already. Where the mones come in has yet to be determined, but I think that they could be pretty darn useful.