I’ve been reading about pheromones and the forum all night (7am right now), and each thread makes me more and more interested. Especially the Instant Jerk, and a few others that are supposed to have obvious and noticeable effects even for skeptics. I think I might just order that one first.
I’m a 21 year old undergrad student at UC Berkeley. I live in my fraternity, which gives me plenty of social and political interaction, and I’m already capable of participating. Sure, I’ve got plenty of insecurities, but I still feel that something like this is cheating, kind of in line with liposuction but on a more directly mental level. Creating an air of confidence is not just about smell; a woman with noseplugs is still attracted to a man because of the effort he put into the development of his character or physique. To increase the level of ones attraction without increasing the effort is unfair to those around you because their attraction is a gauge, a subconcious accumulation of assessments they make which they use to make important decisions. It’s like getting drunk with a friend, except that then the friend knows what the new influence is. Part of the point of using these pheremones is that the people around you are ignorant to the reason behind your advantage. I ask you, is that right?
Not that it would matter. Power like that belongs in my wrong hands , and I can justify it by calling it a minor catalyst to whats already there. But what about the actual effectiveness of the products? Much of the reason the majority of the scientific community doubts the veracity of these claims is the believed placebo effect. I’m sure I’m not the only one who started out skeptically. And I hope to to read about others who were initially determined not to notice any differences, and were converted by the undeniability of the change. And then I hope to score some models.
I’m looking forward to getting to know this forum better. In fact, I feel inexplicably yet naturally attracted to it already…
Welcome to the forums! Nice to have a Uni student here. Like Spiderman, with great power comes great responsiblity. I am sure you would handle real well. Look around the forums for good solid advice and have a great time!
Welcome to the active forum, smohyee. I see we have the same sort of mindset about pheros. Still, there is a learning curve with the products that perhaps partially compensates for the advantage they may give you over others. Although many of the consumer line products are made to just spritz on and go out, to really make them effective, various variables must be accounted for, including weather, environment, your natural hormone and pheromone levels, congruence (acting in accordance with the air the pheromones help produce), scent masking and combinations, and so on. It really is a skill which can be learned, like playing a musical instrument or playing tennis. There are techniques, and there is theory. People who study psychology often have greater insight into the minds of other humans than those who don’t study the field, and can thus more easily manipulate others into doing what they want, either consciously or subconsciously. This gives them an advantage; is studying psychology wrong? I know my analogies are not perfect, but I am trying at least to make comparisons which might make the use of pheromones more amenable to your conscience (although you don’t seem to have a real problem.)
I received a to-go bottle of Instant Jerk with my first order, and had no idea how or where it was to be used. I sprayed on three sprays, and my family was irritable towards me for the entire day. My grandmother said I was being very rude, when I was actually trying to be nice. Later, I was hanging out with couple of friends when one of the girls I didn’t know very well started getting rather touchy. I later found out that her boyfriend would most likely fit in the category “jerk” or “player.” I also later found out what Instant Jerk was for, which is club and bar use, mainly. So, although I was originally very skeptical, just like you, I have been at least partially won over, and you probably will be too. Placebo effect can’t work that effectively if you have no idea what effect to look for.
Where do you plan to use the pheros, by the way? Socially?
Good luck with whatever you decide to do. Looking forward to reading your reports, if you make them.
Yeah, I think we were all skeptics to start with…but that has changed!! BTW, many of the products come in TOGO’s so you can try them out without making a huge financial investment. Plus you’ll get a $15 gift certificate for your intro.
I’ve heard that Instant Jerk is a little hard at first to get a handle on so, if you’re determined to get it, experiment carefully.
I’d expect that a college guy like you would have a lot of success with Ammo. It’s a favorite among the men users here, as I’m sure you already know if you’ve been reading thru some of the posts.
Welcome to the Phero-World Smohyee, I understand being skeptical. I’m still a little. I have seen some interesting things happen since using these for the last 6 months or so.
They don’t do all the work. I myself am not a attactive person on the outside. I have many obstacles to overcome. Using these have help make the obstacles a little smaller. instead of climbing over them like a wall, I can climb over them like a sofa coach.
I have yet to use them much in a setting with many woman. mostly I have been at book stores, grocery stores and some festivals and events. I have still alot of experiences to post still.
I feel like using pheros is like, being a scientist and experimenting. I’m amazed at how humans behave and these really make my hobby much more fun.
I think you have some misconceptions about mones. They do enhance you and open doors of opportunity by influencing others but they dont eliminate free will. You still have to put the effort in. The only power they will gain you is the power you already have in yourself.
People use all sorts of products to enhance themselves. Since mones are only enhancing who you already are I would say no there is nothing wrong with it. Do you get a haircut to enhance yourself ? Do you shave ? Do you dress nice when you go out ? Do you make everyione aware your doing these things ? Does that mean that people are ignorant because they dont consciously notice it when they see you ?
Mones are like any other improvement we make to ourselves.
Half the members in this forum were skeptics when they got here. The ones who put the effort forth and learned to use the products corrrectly and what to expect are still here.
I do suggest you read “what mones can do and what they cant do” The link is in my signature below.
I would not suggest Ijerk to start with, I would suggest AMMO Ishine and IH.
Thanks for the responses guys. I particularly like some of the reasoning made by Vespero and Trish. I’ll have to reform my opinion of these things once I’ve had a bit more experience with how pheromones actually work.
The way I see it, you can dumb down attraction to two facets. Mental, and physical. While increasing your physical attributes (your appearance, physique, etc) is one way of distinguishing yourself, you must take care of your mental attributes too. If you’re a bronzed adonis, but have no semblance of social skills whatsoever, then you’ll likely crash and burn. Same goes for the AFC who strategizes incessantly reading pick-up manuals and NLP techniques but neglects to take care of his physical appearance or hygiene.
Attraction is a matter of showcasing your best physical and mental attributes.
That being said, I would characterize pheromone use as belonging to the mental side of things. If you realize that pheromones can help give you that 10%, then why shouldn’t you be rewarded for taking advantage of it? Just because pheromones are invisible to the naked eye doesn’t mean they are unsportmanlike.
Besides, what about pushup bras and makeup; aren’t those technically unfair advantages that women use? Aren’t we being fooled as well?