Hello all,
For a while now I’ve been researching pheromones–and really haven’t come to any specific conclusion. I’d like to think they work the way they’re advertised; but they seem way too good to be true.
What if, by simply applying these chemicals to yourself, you are automatically buying into their seductive power and therefore acting more confident, talkative and controlling of the situation? Since you know you have a little “extra” backing you up in social interactions, you aren’t as afraid to approach women who you’d usually avoid because they were “above you.” A big part of attracting women is displaying confidence. Perhaps instead of supplying a subconcious scent trigger, these sprays are really just placebos to boost it?
Don’t underestimate the power of the human mind in tricking itself. Watch Derren Brown work his magic (search YouTube) and you’ll see how the power of suggestion or the illusion of empowerment through a material object can completely change how a person acts. He gets an actor from UK’s “The Office” to think that crystals really have energy-sapping power simply by placing one on his hand and telling him it’s working.
Just a thought. I think a more effective test would be to apply certain pheromones to an unknowing test subject and ask them later if they attracted any unusual interaction.
Also, from Wikipedia:
Maybe have that revised if it isn’t true…after all it is Wikipedia…
Don’t trust Wikipedia as an authoritative source of information, any fool talking out of their a$$ can post there. “But I read it on the internet, so it must be true!”
Try looking here, under “Scientific Evidence” for some peer reviewed articles (thank you JVK).
i read one of the introduction threads a few days ago, where a guy had come to the forum after a friend of his had sprayed some pheromone product on him without telling him what it was, and everyone acted differently towards him.
also, iv tried pherlure before i tried andro’s, i had no effects with pherlure (which iv later discovered to (probably) be a scam) but iv seen effects with Instant shine, and ammo, the negative selfeffect ammo has on me, even with small doses (half a spray split betwen wrists), does though somwhat outweigh the positive things iv heard should happen when you wear it.
but Instant shine defenetly does good stuff, and im really looking forward to getting my next package (which has been on its way for 14-15 days now, damn im getting inpatient over here ^^ the last one only took 10 days, and my order from ls is taking over a month =/ )
The most I’ve found from any reputable source amongst those articles is a very rudimentary and vague understanding that there is at least one scent in male sweat that alters cortisol levels in females and changes ovulation.
Yet somehow, the owners of this site, Androtics Research, have not only managed to bypass this vague understanding of pheromones, they manufacture multiple products that claim to fine-tune the areas of attraction and mold the behavior of women like putty. Want to talk to her more? No problem. Maybe feel more confident? We have that too. Wow, if only the government knew the power of scent, they might make some kind of new military weapon like Agent Orange, with the power to incapacitate the enemy by luring them to lower their weapons and instead copulate with them. Call it Agent Orgasm maybe.
Maybe I’ll buy into the fact that pheromones can work on some level and generate attraction, or radiate a healthy signal to an attentive female. But the idea that a company can produce products like “ammo” and “instant truth” to specifically address things like talking more or becoming the life of a party is really ridiculous and none of those articles do anything to back that up.
Regardless of the effectiveness of these things, there will always be a market for magic potions that claim to attract women. The offchance that they do work somehow is just too good for any diffident, weak-minded, insecure man to pass up.
This is stereodan but from a different account. It seems after bringing this topic up, now all of my posts are being moderated by an administrator. I can’t post without being censored. Why?
Btw I bought Pherlure one time, and never noticed any significant results. I think it’s a scam too. I wasn’t too bummed about it though, the cologne part of it still smells pretty good.
AAHHH The skeptic There is nothing wrong with being skeptical about pheromones. Most of us were when we first started using pheromones. Most of us are also open minded and tested them before we past judgement.
No one in this forum under estimates the human mind. I think most of us are more in tune with it because we have explored the use of pheromones. We pay more attention to others and the reasons people react and think certain ways.
Many of us have done this. I have done it on more than once and posted about it.
I have used Instant Shine on my boss. This man is not a nice person and was about to go on the workroom floor and make a retirement speech about a person he hates and has made it clear he hated. She hates him as well. He didnt want to make the speech and told me so. He said he was going to make the standard “Have a nice life” statement, hand her the card and get the hell out of there.
I sprayed him with Instant Shine about 5 minutes before he had to do it. Sprayed him on the back and over the top of his head so it would rain down on him. He just turned and said “what the hell is that” I said “air freshner it stinks in here” He told me to knock it off and headed to the floor for the morning announcements. He called her up to the floor and became a different man. He made a five minute speech about how great she was and how he would miss her and we all would miss her. Then he shocked the hell out of all of us by hugging her.
I have heard him do retirement speeches many times. They are always a quick “see ya, here is your card, cake in swing room” This was out of character for him. He still dosnt know what I really sprayed but if I wear it he hangs around my desk acting all goofy and happy instead of his usual cranky rude behavoir.
I sprayed one of my best guy friends with Turn Up The Heat. Since I always have some new scented lotion or perfume he had no idea that it was pheromones. I told him it was a free sample of mens cologne. Told him its like axe spray and girls are supposed to love it. He went out on the road and when he came back from his route he made a bee line for me. He wanted to know what I sprayed on him. I asked why and he said the women on his route were all over him. Since he is my best friend I told him and gave him the bottle. He loves it.
I have sprayed my dad with MX140 and Shine when he is being a old crank. He is 85 so I guess he has earned the right to be cranky or so he tells me. When I spray him his mood changes to a more cheerful upbeat mood. More with the shine then with MX140 but I do see subtle reactions with it. I am into aromatherapy and he knows this. He thinks its just one of my Kooky home remedies. He has no idea that its suposed to effect his mood. He thinks I am trying to make him live forever. LOL
I can list more but you get the picture.
My advice to you is research harder. Test some products yourself. Open your mind to the possibility that the mind is powerful enough to be effected by the mere scent of a tiny pheromone.
I had a response here but for some reason it came up as being “moderated” so I am hoping it will appear here soon.
Research harder you say? You’re speaking to a guy who just bought $80 worth of products from this site. I’ve also tried Pherlure and that Athena junk. I am impressed with this company’s confidence in the effectiveness of its own products, but I refuse to buy into the belief that it has somehow surpassed medical and scientific research by concocting oils that make people talk more, or feel more confident. I will test Turn Up The Heat and AMMO as those are the two I purchased but this all seems quite shady to me.
This business thrives on the “does it work?” phenomenon–the only thing stopping people from buying it is determining whether or not it actually works by hearing from other users. Pherlure has already tried the facade of Best Pheromone Reviews which is obviously a marketing ploy (try a WHOIS search, and you get Domains by Proxy, blocking the name of the true owner of the site!), I know this is going out on a limb but…setting up a forum for discussion, and causing all mentioned pheromone products to be automatically hyperlinked to the storefront, seems awfully suspicious, especially as it is open to the off-chance that the company can set up a few accounts and post success stories for not much trouble and lots of profit.
Anyway, I really hope I’m just blabbing nonsense, cause I really want pheromones to actually work. It’d be darn neat.
People wanting to test things out can do so at lower cost than you have incurred by buying to-go bottles. They’re considerably cheaper. You could get to-gos of ammo and tuth for a combined cost of $20 plus shipping. They contain less product, but plenty enough for testing. The to-go bottles have about 40 sprays, vs 200 somewhat larger sprays for the full size bottles.
I totally appreciate your skepticism, especially if you’ve seen the myriad other pheromone marketing sites and the phony “reviews” you mention. But this forum and the Love-Scent forum I believe are not full of manufactured marketing BS. There may be a few phonies on the forum (they’re easy to spot, IMO) but they’re real-live phonies who are living their jackassery in realtime - not paid stooges for the companies sponsoring the forum!
Oh, yeah - the placebo effect is real medicine, dude. Don’t fight it. Even medicine that’s “scientifically” verifiable benefits from it. Most of our good juju originates between the ears, always.
Ah, well I wish I could’ve known that. Well, no matter, if the money back guarantee is what it says it is I’ll return it if it doesn’t work as I hope. If it does, then well I guess I’ll keep it
I’ve posted another response that’s under moderation, so while I’m waiting for that to appear I will say that I will laugh a lot if I return to this thread posting actual results like a week from now. That would be very cool.
Well no wonder your skeptical you tried Pherlure and Athena.
We have done that and its posted in this very forum.
Pherlure does have mones in it but I believe its in very low amounts so alot of people dont see results. There have been people who have though and they have some posts about it on here. But I dont like the product or the way the company posts fake reviews.
Athnena In my opinion is more for women. They do offer a mens version but all of her science revolves around womens issues so she probably dosnt have a clue when it comes to making a good mens mix. She is also over priced.
When I say research harder what I mean is there are plenty of medical reports that support that in blind testing, mones in fact do work. These are independant labs, they dont sell pheromones and you can find links to there reports all over both this forum and Love scent forum. You can also just google and find them. I also mean actually read the forum before you decide its all hype and I am not talking about the first few pages. There are good reports and Bad in here. We talk about the scams that have lured us in and the other product not sold here that do work. We talk about what to expect and how to use products properly. If something dosnt work from the Androtics line up you can post that as well and people have. Most people buy here and post here because they do work.
At least with having this forum you will know what to expect. Alot of people think by spraying mones women or men will flock towards them and worship at there feet. That is not how they work. They enhance, produce confidense, create opportunities, attract but you still have to do most the work. This is posted all over the forum as well. If you had read the forum you would never have dished out $80 bucks. You would know we all say get the to-go bottles first to see if it works for you. You could have posted a introduction and got your $15 dollar GC and got your products free. Why would a company do that if there products didnt work?
Skepticism is healthy and I dont blame you for feeling this way as I said most of us did when we first started using them. Most of us wasted alot of money on products like Pherlure and Athnena as well. You need to discover this for yourself just like the rest of us. But dont doubt that this forum is very real with very real people.
If you need any help with your new products on how much and were to apply just let us know.
I’ve had good results with Athena 10x. Haven’t tried Pherelure but the website is enough to turn me off that one.
It could be that a hyperdeveloped skeptical attitude is enough to blind one to results. After all, any effects seen are just human behavior. It could have happened anyway. Perhaps highly skeptical people are more comfortable with a world view that attributes any behavioral effects to chance or placebo effect. That’s ok.
It does seem that the research efforts mentioned have been minimal if the Wikipedia quote in post #1 above has been swallowed whole. Plenty of reputable peer-reviewed and published articles have been quoted in this forum.
Although I’m not going to spoon-feed research to anyone, a quick perusal of posts in the forum would find ones like:
See, this is exactly what doesn’t do it for me. Do you guys actually read these things or just copy and paste? These are medical reports that suggest that pheromones do actually play a part in human attraction. But they don’t have anything to do with commercially produced pheromones like the ones we buy on this site, and furthermore none of them exemplify any research as to which pheromones enhance the proclivity to talk, or are an indicator of “the time to get physical.” Yes, that’s fine and dandy that pheromones do at least exist and are somewhat of a player in this field, but the real question of “do the products work” are left up to consumers and their own reported experiences, and their “tests” that are not completely random, not controlled, not double-blind…
Find me one medical journal that says TUTH indicates to women that the male wishes to be physical and I’ll shut up.
I’m also very big into cameras. There, companies shoot resolution charts and color charts with their products and post them. People know exactly what they’re getting. Here, it’s a little more of a black art. So pardon me for my skepticism, I guess I’m just not used to having to just “believe.”
And hey, I may be skeptical, but I’m certainly open to the possibility that they do really work. The research articles should at least prove that there is a chance. I want these to be for real just as much as the next…I’m a guy too!
You could wait a long time for that to happen. Synthetic pheromones are not drugs; in fact under current US law they’re considered cosmetics. The kind of trials you’re describing would be quite expensive. How expensive do you think the consumer product would have to be to pay back that kind of research?
When you’re buying whatever other kind of cosmetics you use (hair stuff, cologne, lotions?) do you need to see randomized controlled double-blind studies before you lay down your money for a product with a money-back guarantee? Or in this case, before you accept what ends up (with the $5 credit you get for joining the forum and the $15 gift certificate for posting an intro post) being a free sample?
Then pheromones will go the way of tarot cards and palm readers. Until these products are put to sufficient testing to prove their claims, they’re just victims of whatever end users have to say about them, good or bad. And human curiousity is a hard thing to stifle.
Besides, it doesn’t have to be Turn Up The Heat they test, it could be a core ingredient in it or a specific pheromone that this site has claimed does something. For instance, what’s in Instant Shine? Are any of those ingredients’ scents scientifically known to make someone more confident?
That comparison is completely bogus, and you know it. Hairspray has one simple use: to keep your hair in place. If it doesn’t work, you’ll know. Same with cologne. If it smells funky, don’t buy it. The purpose of the product doesn’t extend beyond what you immediately see it do, or immediately smell. Pheromones claim to alter the state of a person. It’s quite a larger claim to verify, and thus (conveniently for marketers) more expensive and difficult for valued institutions to prove.
Thus, as I’ve said before, the money back guarantee is quite a nice thing.
Tarot cards and palm readers are still with us … so is acupuncture, massage, aromatherapy, none of which have as much in the way of clinical trials behind them as you might expect, having been around as long as they have. In contrast, the field of synthetic pheromone technology in consumer-ready applications is relatively new.
But synthetic pheromones really do have more in common with a beautiful suit or a fantastically elevating perfume than they do with a drug or a therapeutic modality. It’s possible you’ve been led by marketing claims or forum posts to attribute more power to them than they actually have.
Synthetic pheromones don’t so much alter the state of a person directly, as they ‘send a message’ about a person, just as natural ones do. A full head of hair on man sends a message of youth and virility (and so does androstenone). A rounded curvaceous figure and plump rosy lips on woman send a message of fecundity (and so do copulins). A crisp green fragrance sends a message of friendly efficiency. A dark oriental one sends message of sensuality. The marketing copy for A314 and Instant Sexiness suggests that their effects are similar to wearing a great suit, or the perfect little black dress. That can give confidence, yes, in just the same way.
The active ingredient in Turn Up The Heat is androstenone, which is referenced in some of the studies cited above. The active in Instant Shine is proprietary, and known publicly only as TAA.
Have you read the studies listed/linked on JV Kohl’s page? There’s quite a bit out there. The molecules tested are the some of the same molecules being used in consumer products, just synthesized. In at least one case (Jutte, et al I believe) the study was done using a synthesized version of copulins.
I’m sure we’ll see more research on human pheromones in coming years; interest is growing and someone may just decide to stake some big money on clinical trials more like what you’re asking for. I don’t actually look forward to that day, though. More exposure may mean more governmental controls put in place.
There are quite a few studies done using synthetic Estratetraenol, Androstadienone, Methoxyestratetraene, Estradienol and not to mention Androstenol (search for Dr. Dodd) and Androsterone. Studies would be nice, NICE and that’s it. Also, the severly controlled environment required for a valid research may not (does not) translate well to real life scenarios.
You are not the first skeptic to hit this board. I was one too and there have been others. Sooner or later we realise the futility of such questions and notice first hand enough proof that pheromones work to really care anymore unless it is for a purely academic reason.
Not exactly what I meant. I was referring to their similarities in citing their effect in vague abstractions, i.e. tarot cards are so vague they can apply to anybody, same as how a woman coming up to talk to you could just be her, or it could be the pheromone. It will be something purely believed in and not proven.
That doesn’t seem to be what the company is claiming. From the website storefront:
“Instant Shine puts you in a great mood and makes you feel vibrant and confident.”
“Instant Shine has even been shown to have some sexually suggestive effects on women”
Somehow, the term “mind-altering” doesn’t seem that inaccurate.