I have it and it smells like something else I had, but I can’t get my hands on it. What cologne is Himalaya similiar to?
Silver Mountain Water? only Himalaya is peppery to SMWs fruity?
they both share similar base to Creed millisime imperial line
but are definitely unique enough
Himalaya is great for winter while Silver Mountain Water is great for summer/spring
I have both! and get compliments on both
Some have said it is similar to Paco XS, but i did a comparison and while opening top notes are, the drydowns are much different and you can really tell the difference in quality plus Paco XS does not last nearly as long
i know the compliments will roll in, but i was expecting something much more unique. i like it very much, but i was looking for a more “wow, that’s incredible cologne,” especially for the price. I might need to look more into the Nouveau Niche colognes.
It’s exactly like Paco Rabanne’s Black XS
Trust me on that. It gets talked about on basenotes as such all the time. I own Himalaya and prefer it though.
Also, if you are looking into some more interesting niche lines, you absolutely have to check out the following.
Serge Lutens (notable recs: Ambre Sultan, Gris Clair, Daim Blond, Vetiver Oriental)
L’Artisan (notable recs: Tea For Two, Mechant Loup, Timbuktu)
Parfum d’Empire (notable recs: Fougere Bengale, Ambre Russe, Equistrius)
Maitre Parfumer et Gantier (notable recs: Santal Noble, Bahiana)
Other knockout choices from various houses: Idol de Lubin from Lubin, Vetiver Dance from Andy Tauer, A Taste of Heaven from By Kilian, Black Aoud from Montale, Acqua di Sale from Profumum.
Note: none of these fragrances are alike. They are all very good though and you should definitely try to track some down to sniff or order samples.
you must be the cologne gure. great info.
call me nuts, but himalaya reminds me a little bit of perry ellis 360. i think that is the cologne i was thinking about. i did a side by side comparison.
it is not Black XS, Black XS is very fruity
look at those notes
- Top Notes
- Lemon, Sage, Tagetes.
Middle Notes - Cinnamon, Praline.
Base Notes - Ebony Wood, Black Amber.
- Lemon, Sage, Tagetes.
Black XS is a different scent all together IMO
here is the review for XS pour homme
http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121716.html
yeah it smells similar for Himalaya but it is no substitute at all not on my skin lasts about an hour for me
btw I have sampled some of the others you mention including Black Aoud, that one has such silleage you can knock out an entire room with just one spray, it does smell awesome though. I don’t like anything from the Killian line I think it is very overpriced and not anything special
Oops, I meant regular XS pour homme. Anyway, if you look at the reviews for Himalaya (Reviews of Himalaya by Creed (2002)) you will find many others agree with me on the similarity. But it’s all about perception, so whatever.
Also, if you are having a hard time finding the scents I mentioned, you might check out luckyscent.com, aedes.com, and beautyhabit.com for ordering samples. Pretty cheap but can get expensive if you go overboard.
If you know what type qualities you are looking for in a fragrance, I can help you there if you’d just list them.
I’ve read about all this creed smell and all. can i have a few question ? Thanks in advance.
What brand is it that they are selling creed perfume in ? Is it oil base or alchohol spray types ?
Whats good for a country with all four season in summer ? I’ve read above it is Silver Mountain Water ? is that a creed also ?
Creed is the name of the fragrance company. Creed products are made in France. They have a specific cologne/perfum called Himalaya and many others. Green Irish Tweed is also made by Creed and I think it is good for spring and summer. I have Green Irish Tweed. It is a much better version of Cool Water and I like Cool Water very much. They are made with Alcohol, Water and Parfum.
So far my mother, sister, father, and brother-in-law love the smell of Himalaya. My brother-in-law said he would gladly take it off my hands for free of charge. ![]()
I’ve read that Unforgivable by Sean John is much like Millésime Imperial. Maybe that’s why Unforgivable won the 2007 Fragrance of the Year.
Thanks for the explaination. So it goes by the brand creed. Never saw these brand
in my country before.
what country do you live in?
I own a 4.2 oz bottle of Unforgivable it does smell similar but to be honest I am not crazy about it
It not that it bad, I just don’t enjoy it at all, maybe it just my skin, when i originally got it i did but i guess overtime my smell has changed i don’t know
I am probably going to sell mine soon, I have way too many bottles of cologne as it is and I am going to stick to just niche colgone from now on anyway last I check I got about 20 bottles..LOL
Today I am wearing Absolute Amber by Tom Ford
you can never have enough different colognes. it is like having different pairs of shoes. the more the merrier.
i think i’m going to start buying the 1 ounce to 1.7 ounce versions though, so i can use it all and not hold onto them for too long. if i like something and will use it often then i will buy the larger versions next time around. maybe you can give away your unwanted colognes to family members or friends.
Have you tested out Antidote by Viktor & Rolf or any of the Armani Privé colognes?
I’m thinking about buying the Bond # 9 samples to test out.
oh i never buy the big ones unless they dont make them small, most of my bottles are either 1 oz or 1.7 oz, i have hardly finished any bottle of cologne or get through them, except for Himalaya that is the only bottle I have finished recently, that bottle was a 1 oz, so my next bottle might be a 2.5 oz have not decided yet.
I usually wear a different scent each day of the week LOL, then again it really depends upon my mood, and usually i wear a different scent for the work day then a different one for the evening when going out
So far there are only two bond’s that I really love where I am tempted to get full bottles Bleeker Street and Riverside Drive both are unique enough that and smell awesome! And one great thing about Bond they last a real long time, 2-3 sprays in the morning and you can still smell it in the evening!!!
There are some others that are nice but for example Chez Bond smells like a copy of Green Irish Tweed, New Haarlem smells sort of like Rochas Man, and so on…
If you are getting to get any samples get Bleeker street and Riverside those I think are the best for men anyway
I have not tested out Antidote or Armani not yet anyway, there are so many out there
see, that’s the thing. there is day cologne, night cologne, colognes for different times of the year. a colonge for work and cologne for casual day and so on. that’s why it is important to have a full arsenal, especially with all the new colognes that are always coming out. i know the right perfume on a woman is huge turn on and i think it is the same for women when it comes to wearing the right cologne.
i mentioned the Armani Prive and Antidote, because they won the FIFI 2007-2008 Men’s Nouveau Niche cologne of the year.
Great information regarding the Bond #9 colognes. You get to buy 6 samples at their website and I will include those.
I bought the 4 oz Himalaya. I think I will go through it quick. ![]()
check this out
over 488 colognes from amazon 50% off
Amazon.com: 50% off or more - Amazon.com / Fragrance / Men’s Grooming: Health & Personal Care
some really good deals unfortunately none that I really want, but if any looking to buy from say sephora or any other dept store probably can get it there really cheap
this one i already have and is really nice
nice deal
women love the smell after the drydown
Lolita Lempicka au masuclin
wow, that’s great. you have to love the internet. i bought the himalaya 4 oz size for $60 with the shipping including on ebay. (yes, it is authentic and not fake) i’ve also found bond no. 9 riverside drive cologne for $60 for the 1.7 oz. It’s alot better than paying the full price of $135. i think i’m going to buy the samples first though. the mark up on cologne is way too high. no reason to pay the high prices.
where did you find riverside for $60 that is a good deal? I might just pick that up