Musk fragrances

Would anyone of our resident experts give me a couple of recomendations for a musky cologne. I ordered about 10 samples last month and most of them smell the same, hard to describe but none are what I would consider musky.

Which samples did you get ?

The two types of musk fragrances that I have tried, the white musk which is very light and sweet and the dark musk which is dark and animal like.

For a white musk Creeds Himalaya is lovely you get a very light sweet musky smell which I find sublime.

For a dark animal tobacco musky smell I like Czech & Speakes Cuba which has a riot of different notes that are constantly changing. It opens with mint and lime then you get a dirty earthy smell like you have pulled a geranium plant from the earth. Throughout this there is a animal sweet musky tobacco smell.

Cuba is just a example of a dark animal musky tobacco scent and its definitely not for the mainstream. More of a niche cologne.:slight_smile:

looking for clean musk? or sexy musk? or animalic musk?

There are so many to choose from but for a white clean musk my two favorites:

Burberry Touch
Nasomatto Silver Musk - probably the nicest cleanest musk out there but expensive as heck $150 - but it is a parfum extrait and only comes in 30ml

Himalaya like Tommy said is very nice too

Musc Ravaguer - Nice Sexy can be powerful two sprays can be too much

Muscs Koublai Khan - I tried a few times it is ok, not worth the money IMO, but a lot of people go crazy over this one, cannot get in the US yet will be able to I think in Sept

Khiel’s Musk - very cheap but good too

Santa Maria Novella Musk - little powdery but very good