MX102-MX105, especially MX103 have been incredibly reliable for me. Now i want to try the real A314 but i cant get my arms around the oil-based products. MX172 was supposed to be the closest thing but is out of stock. Which MX is closest to the latest revision of A314?
Well there Tater… I think you already have the closest available relative, being MX102. That MX has the same pheromonal compounds as A314, only it’s in an alcohol base instead of oil. Why can’t you get the oil based true A314?
Yep, mx102 was an attempt by MHarris to “duplicate” A314 in spray form. It contains all of the same molecules but he had to tweak the ratios/composition a bit due to the fact that some of the molecules behave differently in a more diffuse medium than they do in an oil base.
In my experience, you should treat each spray as equivalent to a drop of A314. Only difference seems to be longevity and to me it seems to be not as “firm” as the A314. I get a more comfortable vibe from mx102 than A314.
I think I may have a more detailed post somewhere from a while back if you care to look it up.
ymmv. many of us have found mx 102 to generate more aggresson/resentment than a314. this may in part be due to the none being diffused too quickly
You certainly could be right about that…I recall having a side discussion w/ sunny about it, iirc. Guess I’ll have to go check out some old messages and see what’s up. I’ve been wrong at least once before in my life. lol
Well there ya go…apparently I was thinking of mx172. Sorry my bad.
If I have time at a later date, I’ll see if I can’t provide a link to MHarris’ comments about mx102 and his attempt to translate A314 into spray form.
I’d like to second that. ![]()
I thought MX102 was one of the earlier attempts. The latest revisions of A314 are supposed to have mad (haha) numbers of pheremones…14 instead of 9.
By not “getting” A314 i mean that managing oil-based fragrances is different from managing sprayable alcohol-based ones.
There’s certainly a difference between oil based and alcohol based A314. Oil based A314 is much more subdued, and has a very smooth effect.
The alcohol based version of A314 seemed much more ‘active’ and pronounced. MX105 was nice and upbeat…MX102 felt a little erratic at times.
A314’s effects seem to translate more appropriately in its oil based form. The newest version is very smooth and collected…much sexier to me than the other variants. Very good stuff.
Funny how minor tweaks to A314’s formula can create so many different types of effects.
Sigma when you have time can you elaborate a bit on differences between the current and older oil versions.
Hey tater iv been using mx103 and liking it alot unfortunately it was around three quarters empty when it arrived so im almost empty.
What would you say the difference is between mx102 and mx103
Perhaps this may help…from the thread A314 Comes of Age:
Kudos to MHarris for the latest A314 version! I’m very impressed! This must be the 3rd or 4th version I’ve had the pleasure of using since I first discovered the original a few years ago. The original version was revolutionary…took me a while to figure out exactly what it did, at first…despite the apparent fact that it was indeed impacting my mixes in a positive way…also took a while to convince ppl of it’s merits…especially since I couldn’t describe exactly how it worked, in the beginning.
The original definitely produced some dramatic spacing effects, something which has greatly improved throughout it’s evolution. The latest version is by far the most “comfortable” and it feels much more finely honed/polished…it has matured. To me it seems firm w/out being overbearing…it exudes sophistication. I have experienced plenty of IOIs and it seems even more “crushy” than ever before. I have noticed that it not only has the telltale postural effect that I expect from A314, but my movements seem much more fluid/graceful…and ssslllooowww…it seems almost impossible to rush hurriedly when using it. lol On average, my sales have doubled at work since I started using the newest A314…suggestive sales and upsells are far easier and more frequent. In many cases, my customers kinda act as if it were an honor to let me sell them something. lol The other sales staff treat me w/ great respect and are far more cooperative…except for…the “sharks”…who stay away.
Excellent Work!
I wanted to take a minute to share my impressions of these two mixes. Talk about radically different effects.
MX173 - man dose this mix make ppl clear out. The spacing effect was very dramatic…man, I thought the original version of A314 created a huge bubble…sheesh! If you look at my weekly sales, you can tell the days that I used this mix. Customers…coworkers…male…female…didn’t matter. Even the lovely young girl from Belarus who’s been crushing on me hard lately would literally back away if I came w/in 3-5’ of her. If you like to be left alone, then this is the mix for you.
MX172 - This stuff is AMAZING! I thought the newest oil version was phenomenal…this exemplifies how diffusion can effect the behavior of a mix. The effects are instant, although more short lived…about 3-4 hours vs. 6-8 for the oil version. Furthermore, the effect is different w/ the spray version. I don’t get nearly the distinct sense of firmness as I do w/ the oil version. It seems that the newer molecules added to the current mix can express themselves more fully when they aren’t “locked down” by the oil. In general, mx172 feels fuller and what I would have to say is the most “symphonic” feeling mix I’ve used to date. All the pieces fit seamlessly…this mix has a distinct sense of a gestalt happening. MX172 seems softer/more polished, more comfortable/approachable than the oil version w/out losing it’s firmer, alpha identity. I really like the fact that it’s effects are more immediate, for use at work…the slower diffusion of the oil version may work against me in this environment. I also like the fact that I can use lower doses and refresh more frequently…I think ppl have an opportunity to feel the full spectrum of the mix. When I use the oil version, most ppl will not initiate conversation yet light up when spoken to…ppl are far more likely to make first contact w/ mx172. I would also have to say that mx172 is even more “crushy” than the oil version.
MX172 is a real masterpiece!
MX172 + MX136 has to be the best combo I’ve ever used! My sales are unreal…i had ppl giving me sales all day…that never happens. Even one of the so called “sharks” was happily handing over sales to me. Everyone had a blast all day. I felt like and was treated like “The Man”. lol