Songs which you just love..

Well, first off… as I listened to Mark’s song and the ones that Andrew gave me, I realized how much music there is in the world, and my heart ache with distressing desire as I realize that although I know every one of your most intimate experiences, I absolutely have no idea of your musical inclination, which speaks deeply of yourself, imo.

I just cannot resist. I am a music whore, and I absolutely insist you must tell me what hidden gems are in your collection!

Let me start: This song is originally by the Cure, but I absolutely love this version of the song. It absolutely inspires vibrations :cool:.

Yes, yes, I know this is a pheromone forum, but this is the lounge, no? :stuck_out_tongue:

Well ok. I love just about all types of music, ranging from 60’s to current pop, rock and alternative, to Jazz and hip-hop. Although I’m not a fan of rap! I am kind of considered a musical encyclopedia by my friends, as more often than not when asked I’ll know who a song is by, and I have over 5,500 songs just on my computer. I have way to many songs that I consider to be gems to list them all, but here’s some of my all time favorites. Hope you enjoy them:

Bob Marley remake of the Eagles Hotel California: http://democomputer.com/forum_images/Bob Marley—Hotel-California-(Reggae-Remix).wma

Live - Dolphins’s Cry: [http://democomputer.com/forum_images/Live---Dolphin’s-Cry.wma](http://democomputer.com/forum_images/Live---Dolphin’s-Cry.wma)

Looking Glass - Brandy You’re a Fine Girl: [http://democomputer.com/forum_images/Looking-Glass---Brandy_You’re_A_Fine_Girl.wma](http://democomputer.com/forum_images/Looking-Glass---Brandy_You’re_A_Fine_Girl.wma)

Benny Mardones - Into The Night: http://democomputer.com/forum_images/Benny-Mardones—Into_The_Night.wma

Nick Gilder - Hot Child In The City: http://democomputer.com/forum_images/Nick-Gilder---Hot_Child_In_The_City.wma

Joe Jackson - Is She Really Going Out With Him: http://democomputer.com/forum_images/Joe-Jackson---Is_She_Really_Going_Out_With_Him.wma

Restless Heart - That Rock Won’t Roll: http://democomputer.com/forum_images/Restless-Heart---That_Rock_Won’t_Roll.wma

Randy Rogers - Lost And Found: http://democomputer.com/forum_images/Randy-Rogers-Band—Lost_And_Found.wma

Yay! So many songs!! :smiley:

Okay, one question… When is karaoke night here in the lounge?

Want to remember to bring my earplugs…

I’m like mark too, I love most types of music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGWYmQ1iebI)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAKf1gTx7qM)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0PBi4hGoFs)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5YqorFOp_4)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9EuSZ-OBaw)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q67lu2Gurx8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u3FVdKe_Uw)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaDwNKM8Fso)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSp559K8RUo)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHRXPctbxFU)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDA7m4RVe_g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvM0kn-Q_7M)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20zrYyCPhJM)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYnSgsVw1Zk)

Now guess my age!

NOW, I know I’m getting old!!:confused:

Except for Bob Marley, Tom Jones, and Joe Jackson, I’ve never heard of any of these.:open_mouth:

My favorite Santana tune: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNoZg9kl-zE

Heads explode (explicit video version) by Monster Magnet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-33ue6dJ4bY)

Unbroken by Monster Magnet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4O5epRZ_Zw)

Negasonic Teenage Warhead by Monster Magnet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyokRzdDQ9A)

Monolithic Baby by Monster Magnet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQZ4ebMKr7U)

Check out “All that remains” girl :slight_smile: – just go out and buy both albums, you wont be dissapointed. word

awesome.. having a lot of fun listening to these songs.

mark’s are just classics.. classics i have never heard of, that is.. i’m having so much fun getting them on repeat!

Aldros, you gotta be no more than 21 :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t get enough of guitar riffs! Amazing. I’m gonna have to download all of this onto my mp4 player and actually take the time to listen to them again..

i am a music ho who can be talked into listening to anything :cool:

Andrew, I am downloading them right now.. Thanks for the heads up!

To prevent this thread from dying, because I want to listen to everybody’s music, (yes, I do!), hmm, more artistes, let’s see.. some of these most likely everyone knows them :stuck_out_tongue:..

Albert Hammond - It Never Rains in California
Jeff Buckley - Grace (To me he is awesome!)The Strokes - You Only Live Once
Peter Gabriel - In Your Eyes
U2 - The Sweetest Thing
Radiohead - Street Spirit

I am putting my favourite band’s best live performance here.. They sound more amazing live than on recording. :smiley:

Muse - Invincible
Muse - Stockholm Syndrome

Well, these are the most mainstream ones anyway.. My friends say they have the most annoying nasal tone, but I just love them =D.

Incidentally, I was just given a dose of that “to the left, to the left” song of beyonce (does anyone actually like this song?) , which has got to be the most annoying songs I have ever heard. It’s been 5 hours and the song is still playing in my head despite attempts to listen to other songs.:frowning:

You Pirate you! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey, are you calling me a relic? I resemble that statement :slight_smile:

That’s just fine Lizzie. :frowning: But ,I may just have to upload some of my Hinder, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Papa Roach, Incubus, Rage Against, or some of my other NEWER stuff, just to prove that I’m not an old fart :slight_smile:

As for the “To The Left - To The Right” song…MAKE IT STOP! :open_mouth:

This is the short list! LOL
Hope you’ll love 'em as much as I do! :wink:

SRV “Pride and Joy”
Stevie Ray Vaughan - “The Sky is Crying” - Live in Iowa 1987
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Life by the drop
Albert King - Born Under a Bad Sign (Live in Sweden 1980)
Ottmar Liebert ‘Barcelona Nights’
Aretha Franklin - Respect
PONCHO SANCHEZ OSCAR D’LEON- BESAME MAMA
Albert King - Why Are You So Mean to Me
MY DEAREST DARLING/ETTA JAMES
Etta James: Take It To The Limit (w/ Kal David)
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtm66Z3lebc&feature=related)
Buddy Guy - Slippin In
Rodrigo y Gabriela live at the Scala
Stairway to Heaven live (Rodrigo y Gabriela)
ZZ Top - Sharp dressed man
chopin waltz
Robert Palmer - Addicted To Love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb_jQBgzU-I)

Poncho Sanchez? Rep points for that alone, when I can give 'em again. He’s such a cool guy. The rest of your list is pretty killer, too.

A few faves from Youtube:

Richard Cheese - Gin And Juice - Hilarious.
Noel Coward - Mad Dogs And Englishmen - Insane.
The Who - A Quick One - Perhaps the best example of Rock ‘n’ Roll that I’ve heard to date.
Led Zeppelin - Fool In The Rain - My favorite Zep tune (everyone’s gotta have one, right?).
Fiona Apple - Used To Love Him - Total masterpiece on so many levels. So sooo good. I only wish she had left it alone for the album.
Regina Spektor - Fidelity - Silly-sweet Anti-Folk confection by my future wife.
Peter Gabriel - Blood Of Eden - One of PG’s best.
Zap Mama - Abadou - Best available recording of this erstwhile a cappella.
Col. Bruce Hampton & The Codetalkers - Plate Hot - Just so much fun!
Mylene Farmer & Abe Laboriel - Les Mots - Gorgeous duet, even better than the Seal version.
The Weepies - All That I want - Call me a sap, but I’m CRAZY about this song.
Marisa Monte - Danca da Solidao - Can’t seem to get those melodies out of my head.
Jackson Browne - For A Dancer - One of my favorites - for, like, decades.
Michel Camilo Trio - From Within - Perfection, full stop.
Squirrel Nut Zippers - Man, I loved those guys.
The Gap Band - Shake - Sooooooo goddamn funky (guy plays it well, too).
Lyrics Born - Bad Dreams - Ditto.
Blackalicious - Chemical Calisthenics - One of the more interesting rap acts currently thuggin n perpetratin.
Mars Volta - Goliath - Full-on absurdity. Crazy drummer.
Amy Winehouse - Addicted - Sorry, but I gotta love it. :smiley:
Little Feat - Rock And Roll Doctor - Best performance of my fave LF standard.
The October Project - Deep As You Go - Simply beautiful…and great drumming (exactly what I would have played :wink: )
The Aquarium Rescue Unit - Fixin’ To Die - Textbook example of reckless abandon done right.
Matt Rae - Peanut Butter And Tele - Happy jam by a former bandmate.

I’ll stop there.

(And please don’t guess my age…)

Rep points for that one alone - as soon as I can give 'em again. Poncho is such a cool guy. The rest of your list is pretty killer, too.

Takes one to know one… :wink:

Heh, I love rage against.. u just totally redeemed yourself then :cool:

just kidding.. your songs are amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aBAMnIUi8Yhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1Aj2yODys0&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sMSIDOmJos&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZKQf-JIvRU..+ best===best

my last post f-up…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZKQf-JIvRU)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40JOlKLQOP0)